I drank the liquid in a paper cup as if it were water, but my wife became a vegetable

A worker who drank detergent from a paper cup thinking it was water has not woken up for over 50 days. A colleague mistakenly drank the toxic hydrofluoric acid solution he had left for the test.

According to the police and the victim’s family on the 19th, an accident occurred in June in which a female worker in her 30s drank a solution containing hydrofluoric acid at a mid-sized company in Dongducheon. Mr. A has been in charge of examining materials안전놀이터 related to optical lenses in the company’s laboratory.

Mrs. A, who usually pours water into her paper cup, found the paper cup on her desk after completing the microscopic examination on this day, and she drank without questioning it. However, what was contained in the paper cup was not water, but a colorless, toxic solution containing hydrofluoric acid, which was mainly used as a cleaning agent. It was confirmed that the solution was poured into a paper cup for examination by the same co-worker. Mr. A, who drank her solution, was taken to the hospital in a state of cardiac arrest and had to undergo dialysis with an artificial cardiopulmonary device ( ECMO

) to remove the toxic solution in her body. Afterwards, her pulse and breathing returned to normal, but she has not regained consciousness until now, 52 days after the incident. Mr. A’s husband said, “Her wife is still unconscious and has been judged to be a vegetative person, but she is waiting for a miracle now.” “Because of my 7-year-old daughter, I am barely holding on while taking psychiatric antidepressants, tranquilizers and sleeping pills, but every day is hell.” delivered through The police, who are investigating whether intentionality or negligence, etc.

), but so far, no intention of harming Mr. A has been found. However, the police are checking related laws and reviewing legal principles to see if the management of toxic substances has been neglected.

A police official said, “We are conducting an investigation against the company on charges of negligence in business and violation of the Chemical Substances Management Act.” He added, “There are many aspects to review, so it will take quite some time until the case is closed.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.